US Census Bureau Invites Indian Country to Tribal Grant Summit
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – The Utah Multicultural Affairs Division invites communities to apply for the next tribal grant opportunities.
According to UDMA, the Biden / Harris administration announced a $ 1 billion investment in tribal grants to expand broadband access across the Indian country on June 3.
“As your organizations prepare for the next tribal grant opportunities, the United States Census Bureau is there to provide data resource support. The census, in partnership with the First Nations Development Institute, is hosting a tribal grants summit this week on June 10 at 10 am, ”they share.
Grant organizers say the 2021 Data Summit series is designed for novice data users and aims to provide high-level insight into data products and how data can help organizations and businesses find solutions to various challenges.
Officials say the free event:
- Teach users how to explore data on census.gov
- Provides specific resources for users of tribal grant data
- Examine data resources relating to tribal lands and urban Indian communities
- Have increased knowledge of the vast data products available through the US Census Bureau
- Be better equipped to navigate data and use some of the free online tools and resources
Those who are interested in to register for the event, click here.